We have been using Drupal as our primary site building tool since 2007 and at times
when existing contributed modules didn't do the job we made our own, here are a few...
- Antarctica File Manager: node-based DropBox style file manager with strict permission management.
- Antarctica Messaging Action: sent notifications to all hands involved in a project upon new file additions.
- Playspan Partner: made to allow white-labeling of Playspan Marketplace for cable providers.
- Playspan ViewPod: made to remove views from DB and house them on file system and under version control.
- Rocketron Server Connect: allowed data sharing between the website and the back-end java REST servers.
- Rocketron Forward to Friends: allowed news articles in audio format to be shared between friends.
- Rocketron Marketing Campaign Tracker: kept track of where new users came from.